Weaviate is a remote-first tech start-up that thinks big and has a vector-based database at the forefront of database technology. It uses AI and machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way. Weaviate is a semantic search engine that enables companies to create meaningful insights from their unstructured data. With over 1.5 million downloads, Weaviate continues to grow in popularity. It is currently used in e-commerce, facial recognition, anti-fraud, packaging, and chat applications.
Our entire team works remotely across the globe because we believe in the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time. Our people experience this as a massive benefit! Our people are therefore comfortable working independently, proactive, they take ownership, and our people communicate effectively.
About this role
As we continue to expand and evolve to better serve our clients, we are creating a new Customer Success Manager position to play a critical role in ensuring the satisfaction and success of our customers.
In this role, the Technical Success Manager will be responsible for managing the customer lifecycle, from onboarding to ongoing support and retention. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Sales Engineering, Core Engineering, and Weaviate Cloud Service (WCS) team, to execute customer success strategies that drive value and cultivate long-term relationships with our customers.
We aim to establish a strong customer-centric culture to meet all customer needs and exceed their expectations. As a Technical Success Manager, you will focus on ensuring exceptional customer experiences and advocating for product enhancements to align with customer requirements.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Act as a hands-on, strategic advisor to guide customers to achieve their desired business results by providing Weaviate product expertise & best practices.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for customers, addressing their inquiries, troubleshooting issues, and providing timely and accurate solutions. As well as being the main point of contact for customer escalations
- Manage proactive account check-ins with key assigned accounts as well as reactive assignments
- Champion a customer-first mindset and build strong relationships based on trust, communication, and collaboration.
- Nurture customers to become passionate champions for Weaviate because of their satisfaction with our product, processes and people.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Sales Engineering team to ensure seamless transitions from pre-sales to post-sales stages.
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of Weaviate's product offerings, particularly related to vector databases, search engines, and machine learning/AI, to effectively support and advocate for customer needs.
- Demonstrate problem-solving aptitude by analyzing complex situations, identifying root causes, and devising creative, scalable, and sustainable solutions to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Collaborate with management to help refine the customer success processes.
- Strive to continuously improve skills and demonstrate a willingness to learn and establish best practices.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience: 3+ years of experience in a customer success or similiar customer facing role within the technology or database industry.
- Technical expertise: Familiarity with database systems, especially those related to vector databases, search engines, and machine learning/AI.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and support of our solutions.
- Excellent communication skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities, with experience presenting to various stakeholders.
- Adaptability: Comfortable navigating change and ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a willingness to take on new challenges as the company evolves and grows.
- CS and Technical Tooling experience: Previous experience with CS tooling and ticketing systems (Hubspot, Jira, Slack support, etc), as well as technical tools (Git, Docker, Docker Compose). Familiarity with Github is plus.
- Customer-centric approach: Passionate about driving exceptional customer experiences and dedicated to understanding and addressing customer needs.
- Alignment with our company values: A commitment to upholding and embodying the values of Weaviate.
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- Budget available to spend on going to conferences, co-working space, home office equipment, etc.
- Work with very experienced and fun team members.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, and that gives you lots of freedom, flexibility, and responsibilities.