Weaviate is a remote-first company that thinks big and has a vector-based database at the forefront of database technology. It uses AI and machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way. Weaviate is a vector database that enables companies to create meaningful insights from their unstructured data. With over 2.5 million downloads, Weaviate continues to grow in popularity.
Weaviate is a remote-first company. Our entire team works remotely across the globe because we believe in the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time. Our people experience this as a massive benefit! Therefore we feel at ease with working independently, being proactive, and taking ownership of our work.
About this role
In the role of a Client-Focused Site Reliability Engineer, you will be the linchpin for managing customer cloud environments, ensuring the seamless operation of our vector database installations across AWS, GCP, and Azure. Your role extends beyond the technical aspects of SRE practices; you will also be the primary technical contact for our US clients, embodying the bridge between our advanced technology and customer success.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Oversee the deployment, management, and operational health of cloud-based infrastructures using Kubernetes and Terraform, tailored to customer-specific requirements.
- Embrace the role of customer advocate, providing direct and proactive communication to address their needs, feedback, and concerns.
- Apply Google SRE methodologies to maintain high availability, performance, and compliance of customer environments.
- Utilize monitoring tools like Grafana and Prometheus to preemptively identify and resolve potential issues, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Engage in problem-solving for complex technical issues, offering timely and effective solutions to customers.
- Lead customer meetings, presenting technical insights and strategic recommendations to enhance their infrastructure and operations.
- Craft and maintain documentation and reports that provide customers with clear insights into their infrastructure status and our service value.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 3+ years in a customer-facing technical role, such as Technical Account Manager, Customer Success Engineer, or similar positions within cloud services or SRE.
- Demonstrated experience in Kubernetes, Docker, and infrastructure as code (preferably Terraform).
- Proven track record of managing cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure) and familiarity with their respective best practices and security guidelines.
- Skilled in the use of monitoring tools like Grafana and Prometheus for operational excellence.
- A strong grasp of Google SRE principles, with a focus on reliability and customer-centric performance.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical details into customer-friendly language.
- A proactive approach to customer service, with a passion for delivering solutions that drive customer success.
- Ability to work independently, taking full ownership of customer environments and related responsibilities.
- You are aligned with our company values.
- Located in/between PT - ET timezone to effectively coordinate with US-based clients.
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- Budget available to spend on going to conferences, co-working space, home office equipment, etc.
- Work with very experienced and fun team members.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, and that gives you lots of freedom, flexibility, and responsibilities.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies - and all of it is open source.
Are you interested?
Have a look at this page to learn what you can expect from our interview process. Be aware that conducting a background check is part of our onboarding.
If you are interested in Weaviate and this role, you can apply via the ‘apply now!’ button below. All of our communication will be done in response to your application. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our Head of People & Culture - and not to one of our colleagues (via LinkedIn). In this way we ensure that our people can focus on doing their best work.