Weaviate is a remote-first tech company that is a vector-based database at the forefront of database technology. Our product uses AI and machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way. Weaviate is a semantic search engine that enables companies to create meaningful insights from their unstructured data. Weaviate continues to grow in popularity. It is currently used in e-commerce, facial recognition, anti-fraud, packaging, and chat applications.
Our entire team works remotely across the globe because we believe in the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time. Our people experience this as a massive benefit! Our people are therefore comfortable working independently, proactive, they take ownership, and our people communicate effectively.
About this role
Are you passionate about finance and operations in the dynamic world of artificial intelligence? Here's your chance to make a significant impact as we seek a talented individual to join our growing team. As we continue to expand, we're looking for a Finance/Operations Specialist to join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping our financial and revenue functions.
What you'll be doing
- Manage day-to-day financial operations of Weaviate's US and Dutch entities, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and optimize financial processes and drive efficiency.
- Analyze revenue and operations to enhance revenue generation and financial growth.
- Work closely with leadership to provide insights that contribute to strategic decision-making.
- Navigate the fast-paced startup environment, adapting and thriving in a dynamic setting.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field. Master is a nice-to-have.
- Proven experience in finance and operations roles, preferably in a startup environment.
- Someone with advanced proficiency in Dutch, capable of working with Dutch accounting and banking systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Being an Excel wizard is a nice-to-have.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You are eager to learn and excited to contribute to the growth of Weaviate.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You are aligned with our company values.
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- Budget available to spend on going to conferences, co-working space, home office equipment, etc.
- Work with very experienced and fun team members.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, and that gives you lots of freedom, flexibility, and responsibilities.